Coulrophobia

Clown - A buffoon or jester who entertains by jokes, antics, and tricks in a circus, play, or other presentation. This is what "thefreedictionary.com" tells me is the true definition of a clown..I disagree! 

Coulrophobia is an abnormal, irrational fear of clowns - as defined by the all knowing wikipedia.

I have this fear and to me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've always wondered where this started, and I  really don't have an answer. Perhaps in my childhood I had a run in with a clown that was so terrible and traumatizing I've blocked it out. I doubt it...but...I'm going to go with that instead of..."Janet is just a big fat scared wimp with an irrational fear of something that usually makes one laugh and feel happy".  In any case it's my ridiculous fear and I am not afraid to admit it!

Know what else is scary? IVF. What's scarier than that? IVF and Clowns!

Last night I had a dream, a truly horrible dream...
We arrived at the clinic for our ER (embryo transfer) and all seemed well at first, I was prepped and feeling pretty relaxed, procedure started and then....

My wonderful Doctor had turned into a clown and he was implanting little tiny clown babies into my womb *Gasp*

Then, I woke up!

I have heard that humor and laughter has been linked to a woman's chance of IVF success but…clowns. I just…No! Of all the things I would not want to appear at my bedside while I was trying to relax and think fertile, warm and inviting, happy uterus thoughts, a clown is pretty much at the top of the list. Along with like zombies. Or ghosts. Or Joan Rivers!


*Shudder*

Comments

  1. Joan Rivers lol! In all seriousness though, clowns and IVF would be a scary match indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added a comment with the ottoman details on my blog. Hopefully you can track them down too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma